Sunday, October 02, 2005

We're back

We arrived back home in Oregon late last night. We had a good time with lots of family and it was so good to see Conrad again. I am not the best traveler though, and I am so glad to be back home in my space. At the last minute I started some small pieces that I might be done with soon and I had a great time finding interesting textures to take rubbings of on the depot base. I am sure that those military guys had no idea what to make of this crazy woman going around holding up a piece of fabric to things and rubbing a crayon on it...nobody said anything though. There was an interesting mix of people at the graduation. Some boys had huge families wearing matching t-shirts and some boys had no families at all. Conrad gets to be home for 10 days then back down to camp pendleton for combat traing then to florida for a year for school.

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

You are a brave Mom. I am so glad that he is not off to Iraq right away!! I could not live in Srpiouthern California!!