Thursday, October 06, 2005

Confessions of a lowly earthworm ...this is not really art related...well maybe a little

I know earthworms a useful creatures and that is the only thing keeping my head up tonight. I got a letter on Monday telling me that the Oregon Dental Board ( hencforth known as ODB ) had not recieved my renewal application. So I called them right away ...so they said a) they still didn't have said app and b) " you are aware that it it illegal to parctice without a current lisence". I called my office and told them I couldn't work tuesday but that I hoped th ODB would get the app and I could work wednesday. Called ODB tuesday afternoon...nope still not there....I put it in the mail 7 days ago...where could it be....called the office can't work wednesday....occurred to me late tuesday night I could check the web site and see if I'm current yet...yea! it seemed to me I was ...the page said I was last updated 10/03/2005 called the office on wednesday told them it's OK I am legal again. Went to work today got a call at the office from an investigator for the ODB he says to me " you know it is illegal to practice with out a current lisence " I am completely confused...tell him I had checked the web page and it looked to me like it renewed on the 3rd...he says he does not show this in his paperwork...he says they did recieve the app on the 4th but I had failed to completely fill out the app...( I forgot to put a check mark in the box that said if I was currectly being investigated for a criminal act ...or not ) and they sent it back to me ....so my boss is very unhappy with me....I am unhappy with me this is a list of my crimes

1) procrastination in returning said app leaving only 4 days till it expired
2) failed to read and check ALL the boxes
3) can't read a web page cause the " update" date has nothing to do with current lisence just if ODB has interacted with ones file...you have to click on your name and a new page comes up that tells about the lisence status....

so I came home to the mail ...that had the offending app which I will complete...and take personlly to the ODB offices tomorrow in portland ...hopefully I will be legal...

so now I need a quilt to show how low??? Lower the earthworms....BTW they cashed my check for 140.00 on the 29th so ???

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

I hate buracracy sometimes. Couldn't they just call you? there is no customer servie in government work!! Have fun quilting.