Thursday, August 24, 2006

soliciting

NO NO not that...advice is what is need....really I just need reassurance that I will do the "right" thing....as you may know I have undergone a job relocation recently...I took 2 jobs both 2 days a week about 6 months ago...I like them both ok...insert wiggly hand motion here cause they are not GREAT!!! just ok...the job on monday and tuesday is a much more intense position ....and wednesday and thursday is more relaxed...the problem...is that I recieved a phone call from a dentist in whose office I temped quite a bit at the first of the year...I loved working there...now the hygienist who has been there for 15 years has decided to retire and is giving up her position and .........they want ME!!! ...well I would LOVE to work there but have major heart palpitiaions at the thought of telling 2 different bosses that I am leaving them after so short a time....the new place offers many advantages over the current offices not to mention ...I think ...cause he hasn't given a dollar amount yet ...but I think he will...money....so what to do ...my DH and DD and parents and sister all think I should take the offer...but what do you all think??? I suffer from the "nice" syndrome and quitting after 6 months is defintely not nice......comments please!!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Take the new job! Life's too short not to work someplace that you really enjoy. And trust me, they wouldn't hesitate to fire you or lay you off if it was in their best interest so you shouldn't hesitate to leave for a better position.

Gerrie said...

Ginger! Get over being nice. Take the job. This is business - not friends that you have tea with a couple days a week! And Bonnie is right, they wouldn't feel bad about leting you go. I think one employer has got to be better than two.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Just take the new position. Each position you should always better yourself...and you are!

Take it and make up your mind to not look back. Leave the would-of & could-of's behind.

Embrace your new job with the same gutsy go-for-it attitude I think you display!

I love my job, it's worth everything to me!

Karoda said...

I can only echo what has already been stated, but only louder! No regrets, give em their notices and move on!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Take the new job, as long as the money is good. Go for it!

Pat Dolan said...

My spiritual director repeatedly told me the following: "To be nice is to be stupid." My Native American buddy said: "To be nice is to lie."

When we are being "nice," it generally implies that we'd rather NOT be doing it, except to be "nice."

Search your own heart to learn what it is YOU want to do - then follow your heart.