Monday, April 10, 2006

Oregon Oh Oregon

We started our evening walk by meandering past our newly blooming asian pear orchard…. I think we have over 500 trees. We love the pears but we might need to hire help this year with no teenagers around….I love the quality of light that occurs late in the evening when the sun peeks out from under the cloud layer and creates a glow on the eastern vista




Then we went south down our country road toward the creek that borders out property …pretty dark down here…















then we start the walk up hill.... on the way I spy some trilliums blooming and I try to get a picture for you all .....but it is very dark and you must use a bit of imagination
















at the top of the hill there is more light and I love these yellow weeds so bright in the evening air
we see a hawk …and the sky is getting dark…probably we will get wet before we get home


















almost to the top now…look at that sky!!!

turn around at the top for the down hill the sky to the north with the silhouette of the tree line…


now we are home steak salad and wine….Oh and the good news the vet sent the biopsy result for my sara’s mastectomy and they think it was isolated and probably won’t re-occur…yeah!!!!





2 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you for the wonderful walk in your part of the world! What lovely scenery!

Penny said...

Ginger that was a wonderful walk, I almost feel as if I was there. Loved popping into your blog, havent been here for a while
Penny in Victor Harbor South Australia