Sunday, May 08, 2005

mother's day art

I am not a big fan of mother's day as it feels imposed on me both as a daughter and a mother.....I go along though....I have a wonderful Mom who inspires my art...I have 4 wonderful kids who admire my art...today I heard from or saw 3 of them ...not sure where or how the oldest is ...he is 25 and has always caused the most worry...he has a genius IQ but that has not helped him make good life choices so far....my 23 year old called to say he loves me and that is rare for him to actually say...we attended brunch at a restaurant where my 21 year old daughter had been hired to play her harp ...and my youngest son 18 roused himself from a short nights sleep ( prom was last night ) to eat with us, he has joined the marines and will leave us soon for that adventure so all time with him is more precious now...we should treat all those we love as if they will leave us soon really...anyway I am uploading pictures of a jacket that I created as a requirement for a sermon at the end of a 3 year lay ministry training program ...I really struuggled with the assigned text but eventually it was made clear...we don't just create babies......

No comments: