Saturday, November 19, 2005

News From the Coffee Shop





this great art project began last night ....

Jeremy Furnish is his name and he is creating art for the front of the service counters...the first layer are these wonderful quilt block like pieces of copper that he has altered and surface designed

and then placed on the front of the cabinets with hand made copper nails.....

then there are 2 more layers that will come...can't wait to see....he brought in his portfolio for me to see all the other creative ways he is using various metals to make art....... I will post his web-site in the future as it is under construction at the moment ...and post more photos as the project moves along....

3 comments:

Val said...

These are great. What a brilliant idea! I shall look forward to seeing more of his work! Thanks for showing us.

Karoda said...

I'm loving the idea...the copper doesn't photograph well but what I can gleam, it looks fabulous.

Gerrie said...

Looks wonderful. I am going to have to go visit in person next time I am in Oregon.