Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend Adventures

I had a busy weekend of art and family. I attended a new gallery opening here in Stayton. We seem to recycle these fairly often and I am not sure why we think that an art gallery will work here. We live in a small town with stereotypical small town sensbilities when it comes to art. The same few folks assemble and try and support the effort and it seems to end the same way always....but....we had a nice evening my Mother had her art up and my daughter came and brought her harp and played for a couple of hours....we will see what this new gallery does.

I spent yesterday dyeing and creating as well as enjoying Mariah being home for the day...she played for a wedding at a county park nearby ...it rained like crazy but the park had a covered area...always wise in Oregon.

Then today I drove to Roseburg to collect a cat for my mother who hasn't felt well enough to drive any distance lately...we hope she gets over this latest bought of allergy???asthma?? or???soon....anyway these folks bought a Burmese cat from my Aunt, who lives in Grass Valley CA, about 4 years ago and due to illness can't keep her so my Aunt asked my Mom if she would take this cat, named Sophie, and it finally became my job to spend 6 hours driving to collect the cat. She is a very tiny thing with the biggest yellow eyes you have ever seen. I'll have to get a photo up ..she is pretty but very unhappy at the moment and yowled in her carrier all the way home. She will live at Mom's and will supposedly be an indoor cat ...although that will be an interesting endevor out here in the country where the doors seem to be open often...so see what I did??

This next week will be quiet ....although I must attend the library foundation meeting tomorrow night....makes an extremely long day for me ...but after that I am alone as my husband will be out of town...maybe I'll post more photos of the quilts I finished up this weekend!!!

No comments: