Saturday, September 25, 2010




Yesterday after the quilt show I drove down the valley to the Clackamas County Fair Grounds. Folks were there setting up for the "Oregon Flock and Fiber Show". We have had such rain this last week it is just great that the sun is coming out for this event as much of it is outside. There was lots of activity as the booths were arranged and in the barn all the stock settled and beautified. I have wanted to attend this show so I was glad to see it even in the set up stage.
  




I was there to meet a man from Montana who wanted to look at the spinning wheel I had for sale. I enjoyed talking to him and hearing a bit about his life. He became disabled as a Marine and has found a great love for fiber through his rehabilitation activities. He spins, knits wonderful viking warrior hats, and is starting a herd of Icelandic sheep, as well as raising four kids with his wife. He says his marine buddies are sceptical ( I'll leave the actual wording of how that was said up to you ) until they see what he makes. I guess viking warrior hats make it manly. He bought the spinning wheel hope he likes it ........


Then I drove down through Mt. Angel where I stopped for a stroll through the graveyard. It was such a gorgeous day.











No comments: