Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wonderful week

This last week has been very full of interesting weather, locations, and art. I started with the first of 2 days all about wood block printing at this wonderful place DIY Lounge at Collage Where last Saturday we were shown how to carve our own wood blocks by this fabulous teacher...

Nicole Cipriano


HPIM4340.JPG


and this is Nicole and the owner of this marvelous place Jen Neitzel
HPIM4396.JPG

this is the first block I started carving ...it is absorbing work


HPIM4339.JPG


then I went up to Seattle with my husband on a job site ( he worked I played ) and I visited great fiber and book shops and generally lazed around....OH ....and carved some more....Thursday I came back to Portland and spent the night with my SIL Amy and we went to the Portland Art Museum ...the special exhibit is "the Dancers" Degas Forain and Luatrec ....great show .....then....yesterday ....back to print class to see what these carvings can do....6 hours just flies by as different papers inks, and paints are explored here are some of the prints I got with these blocks ....
HPIM4401.JPGHPIM4402.JPGHPIM4403.JPGHPIM4400.JPGHPIM4399.JPG



and prints


HPIM4409.JPG
HPIM4408.JPG HPIM4421.JPGHPIM4414.JPGHPIM4406.JPG


HPIM4405.JPG

and a crew from the OPB show called "Oregon Art Beat"
was there filming for the first few hours that was interesting ....and I might see myself on TV in the fall....HUM....anyway I had a great time and can recommend the store and the instruction as excellent...go see









Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

What fun! I stopped in collage on my way from Snohomish to the Tri-Cities over Christmas and I picked up the class listings for DIY. Oh how I wish it wasn't 215 miles away! Your blocks are wonderful and I like the prints you made. Are you going to try them on cloth? Wishing you a creative Spring (I know it will come - someday!). Cheers.