Sunday, June 11, 2006

nutcracker cont

allrighty then we have lift off......the first bits are getting fused down...what fun to choose the fabric and decide on the placement ....I cut these freehand till they look right ...lots of the detail will be added with stitching later on



this is the first act ...in a simplyfied form...I simply cannot put every thing on this quilt that is included in the ariginal story and then there have been lots of embellishments throught the years as various ballet companies created their own versions so I am going with the "dummies guide to the nutcracker" version....all the important visual bits ( at least to me) will be there
still part of act 1 ....I need to add the bed above these guys ...and they need swords!!!
and a bit of klimt inspired small work that I am doing for a swap...as a bonus Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karoda said...

love the Klimpt inspired piece and the Nutcracker quilt will be a great holiday quilt!

Gerrie said...

You are doing a great job. My Mia would love this!!